Eye bags can be triggered by fat moving to the eyelids, this fat then accumulates resulting in swelling. Fluid that is in the eye tissue can be a trigger for swelling in the eye bags. This is what then also causes the skin in the eye area to relax and black circles to form around the eyes.
What causes eye bags to form?The main cause of eye bags is age. Older age causes the skin to begin to relax, the tissue structure and muscles that support the blindfold begin to weaken. There are other factors that make eye bags form, such as:
- Fluid Storage . What affects the storage of fluids in the eye is weather changes. In addition, the level of hormones produced also affects the storage of fluids. In fact, salty foods can also trigger an increased amount of fluid.
- Lack of sleep . Lack of sleep is the most common cause of eye bag problems. Even in young people, sometimes eye bags appear after someone has stayed up all night without sleeping.
- To sleep . You need to know that enlarged eye bags in the morning when you just wake up is normal. This happens because the fluid increases when sleeping. The circulatory system when you sleep moves slowly, so it is only natural that the fluid increases.
- Allergy . The formation of eye bags can also be caused by allergies in the eye. It is characterized by swollen and reddened eyes. If this happens, consult a doctor immediately.
- Descendants . The latter factor is indeed difficult to overcome. If many of your family members have eye bags, that possibility will also decrease for you.
How to deal with eye bags?If you don't think it's a bother, you can cover it up with concealer when you apply makeup. Concealer can cover the dark circles on the eyes and make you look fresher. For those of you who don't like make-up , you can do the following ways:
- Compress with cold water. When you are lacking sleep, and in the morning you find your eye bags enlarged, the easiest solution is cold compresses.
- Sleep with the head higher than the body. The position of the head raised higher can prevent fluid from collecting in the eye area. You can give extra pillows. A higher head position can also prevent neck pain.
- Enough sleep. Sleeping eight hours a day will reduce the risk of enlarged eye bags while making you avoid stress.
- Reduce foods that contain salt.
- Overcome your allergies. If you are allergic to soap or other cosmetic products and this affects the eye bags, you should immediately consult a doctor.
- Remove make-up before going to bed.
- Use sunblock . Sunlight can make your skin sagging. Sunblock will be very influential to ward off sunlight from your skin. In addition, also use sunglasses every time you move under the sweltering heat.
- Therapy or treatment. There are therapies that can be tried like laser resurfacing , peels, and fillers with chemicals. This therapy is able to change the surface of your facial skin.
- Eyelid surgery or blepharoplasty . This operation can be used as an alternative to removing eye bags. The result is faster than the choices above, but the price is more expensive and the process is invasive because it involves surgery. In the process, the doctor will remove fat and sagging skin under the eyes. There are always risks posed, it helps you consult a doctor about the benefits and risks of this procedure. Possible side effects can be in the form of infections in the eyes, dry eyes, to vision problems.